Kyle participates in only one community activity each week.
This is very different for him. He is used to being out in the community every day.
Each week his class walks to
Hoofbeats with Heart
Which provides equine therapy.
This week (Thursday, January 30th) was his first visit there.
This is the report I got from his teacher.
Just a brief bit about his teacher. She is highly intelligent. She has two Masters degrees. And she is Asian. Does it matter that she's Asian? No. It just makes the note better if you know that little piece of information.
This is the note, typed exactly as I received it from the school:
"Kyle had an extraordinary experience at Hoofbeats today. We have to laugh when we saw his reaction. First, he was so freak out to go in the empty stall to replace clean water for the horses. He was very reluctant and keep on saying, "Yuk." So, we have another girl (he has a crush on her) to pour out the old water. Then I asked Kyle to hold the hose to fill the water in the bucket. That freaks him out again, and he kept saying, "O my gosh. O my gosh." Finally he finished filling two buckets of water, and he got a break to pet the horses. The mad him very very happy. He walked to the horse and said, "Hey, what are you doing, buddy?" Later, I asked him to put the tools away. He said to the horses, "I will be back." I have never heard he speaks so clear and so funny."
This sounds just like Kyle. Unless it is his idea -- he doesn't like anything on his hands.
I laugh every time I think about it!
He's going to love seeing the horses though!







No comments:
Post a Comment