We had bushes in front of the porch.
I say had -- because they were mostly dead, so I persuaded Jon and Scott to take them out for me. It really opened up the front of the house and I love it!
The house when we moved in.
Goodbye bush #1....
Starting on bush #2...
It was the bigger of the two and harder to get the root out.
But out it came!
After the bushes are gone! Isn't that nice -- so much more open!
I love it!
And I love the view looking out.
I can't take credit for the pruning of the
"Evil" tree.
Give the man some loppers, stand back and watch magic happen.
Pruning and thinning both trees.
The little one is a sweet little tree...we like it a lot.
The bigger tree is EVIL.
Those are not twigs or leaves you see -- those are thorns!
Great big, nasty thorns!
This tree -- was pruned and thinned -- but when all is said and done -- it must go!
It looks better -- but after the scratches and scrapes -- it can't get back in our good graces.
It's going to have to go.
I replaced the big bushes with flower pots!
This one is our little piece of the Northwest!
We've been told it won't live in the heat....we will do our best to prove them wrong.
I can hear all of you who know me -- I don't have the best track record with flowers or live plants....but I can learn!
I will do my best. Loving the new look of the front yard!













No comments:
Post a Comment