We had to withdraw Kyle from Redmond High School
and say good-bye.
There just aren't words for what I feel for the people who have played such a huge role in helping Kyle become who he is and being successful.
We went to say good-bye and I cried in the main office.
then...
I cried in the counseling office....
then...
I cried in the library...
then...
I cried about twelve times in the classroom.
I have such tender feelings for each of these people and it was so humbling to hear from so many, in every area of the school, the impact and influence Kyle has had on their lives.
The benefits go both ways.
Saying Goodbye is hard to do...
If you look closely -- Kyle is NOT in the group picture.
He could not be found.
He went to the cafeteria to buy a Sprite...
Can't remember the first gals name, Shelley, and Bridget Butler
That is their sign for "fries".
Some of Kyle's friends...
Jordan and Kyle
Ezra and Kyle
Ezra rides the bus with Kyle
Max and Kyle
These two have been in class together since Kyle was in the seventh grade.
Teachers:
Pam Drake, Kyle, Colleen Peterson
Love these two ladies!
Miss Bridget (Butler)
Miss Carol (Yaklich)
Miss Carol is the one who took Kyle to work at the Fire Station each week and was the impetus in securing that opportunity for him!
Mr. R.
Ezra, Mr. R. (Russell Rogers), Kyle
If you know Kyle, you have heard about Mr. R.
Mr. R. has been an aide in Kyle's classroom since Kyle started the seventh grade.
Mr. R. got him playing softball, and he was there through all of Kyle's surgeries.
Last summer he gave up one morning a week so that Kyle could continue going to the fire station throughout the summer.
We love Mr. R. and are so thankful for him.
Kyle opening a card....did he love being the center of attention?
Why yes he did!
I don't think he understood that these people would no longer be in his life on a daily basis.....missing them has been constant.
What?
A McDonalds gift card?
Soooo happy!
Saying "Goodbye" was awful hard.
It generally is....but our thanks and gratitude are forever!





















No comments:
Post a Comment