Friday, October 29, 2010

Waiting and Good things

I think that waiting is the hardest part of this new journey.  It seems that we "hurry up" to wait and then we wait some more.  At some point this morning we will see the doctors and they will give us the results -- or at least, the preliminary results -- of Kyle's tests yesterday.  My stomach is a bit "rolly" -- I closed the curtain on Kyle's room, that looks out over the nurses station, so that I wasn't watching every person who wanders past.

Good things are happening though -- things for which I am grateful -- here's a short list:
  • Jon will be home in two hours -- Scott and Sunny will pick him up and bring him to the hospital -- he's going to be sooo tired, but I doubt he'll go home to rest.
  • Scott and Sunny -- they have been taking such good care of us!!!  They are bringing me the things from home that I need, they've been feeding me, bringing Kyle movies and chips and fries!  I'm so thankful for them and for their help!
  • A nice, warm shower!  That was awesome.
  • Blue sky and sunshine out the window -- it just lifts the spirits to see the sunshine!
  • Sterile gloves
  • baby wipes and antiseptic wipes
  • Kind nurses and other staff -- who are kind even when Kyle is cranky and fighting them.
  • Movies!  "McLintock" which is always a favorite -- it's like comfort food to Kyle....he's sound asleep and the movie is playing in his ear.  But whatever works!
  • Friends and family who are looking out for me....the calls and e-mails -- they mean so much.
So we'll keep waiting and watching for the good things that are happening for us -- and I'll let you know as soon as I hear something!

No comments:

Post a Comment