Thursday, October 28, 2010

Morning

It's morning, Thursday, 28 October 2010.  It's gray and raining outside, but outside our window is the most beautiful tree!  All dressed up in fall colors, beginning with shades of green, going through yellow, orange, red and deep red....this picture doesn't do it justice, but it is beautiful and brightens the otherwise gray day outside our window.

Yesterday when Kyle was admitted, his hematocrit was 19.6 and this is how he looked when we left home....so pale, with huge bags under his eyes....I felt so bad for him, he felt so yucky!
Today, after two units of blood, he looks much better and is even sitting up and flashing his flashlight at me.

This morning his hematocrit is 28.9 -- which is within acceptable range.  A little more color....the bags are a little bit lighter under his eyes. 

He had a bit of a rough night....but is talking a bit more, cranky and telling anyone who'll listen, "Don't Touch ME!" 

After my post last night -- I've had some great encouragement -- some I want to share....
  • Nila said, "Damn IT!  It's okay to say that."
  • Jon said, "If, after all he's been through, he has leukemia that's gonna suck."
  • Barry said, "Man, he's getting his ass kicked."
  • Michael Miller said, "With all this horse shit you've had, there has to be a pony in there somewhere!"
All great for a laugh for me.  Love to laugh -- would rather laugh than cry....although I did a bit of that too!

Jon is on a plane to Amsterdam, and then heading home tomorrow -- we will be so happy to have him home.

Kyle and I are watching "The Santa Clause" -- and enjoying it!  And waiting.....was just told that his tests have been pushed back two hours -- to 2 p.m. -- so getting results today may be "iffy".

One last photo I had to share -- when we got to the clinic, they had Kyle put on a mask, because he had a cough.....and this is how happy he was about that!

Just gotta love this boy!

Thanks for your continued faith and prayers!  Love you most!





No comments:

Post a Comment