Tuesday, October 19, 2010

FALL

I love FALL!  We have had gorgeous SUNSHINEY Days and awesome, mild temperatures, and I finally had a few moments to get outside in it!  Not in the car, running from here to there, but out working in the sunshine, and it felt good! 

I raked the leaves out of the gutter and off the street -- my kids think I'm weird for raking the street, but if I don't and it rains and the leaves wash down the street, they will clog the drain and flood the neighbor, so, I rake the street.  I mowed the leaves and the lawn, filled the yard waste bin to the brim.  Then I used the leaf-blower and got rid of the pine needles and "helicopter" seed pods from off the driveway. 

It looks great -- and will stay looking great for about 10 minutes, until more leaves fall -- tis the season.....and eventually all the leaves will be down and I'll be done raking them until next year!

Now -- I should start on the back yard.....but my yard waste bin is full and I'm out of yard waste paper bags.....so I'm going to be done!

Sunny had Kyle out walking around the cul-de-sac to earn fries, and he did it....looked pale and was tired, but got his reward, and it was good for him to be up and moving, and starting to gain back some strength!

Jon is in Copenhagen today -- and yes, he is encountering some problems with the strikes going on in Europe.  Thinking of skipping Paris this trip, due to the mass-transit strike.  I think that might be pretty wise.  So far, very few pictures -- no time! 

Happy Fall to One and ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment