Last night, or maybe it was in the very early morning hours, I had a dream that, at the time, seemed very real...
I was in a large auditorium, waiting for a stage production to begin. As I looked around, wondering how we had scored front row seats, I noticed that there was a live orchestra and a pit. **This seemed significant, because many of the stage productions I've seen in past years haven't had a live orchestra.** I didn't know which show we were going to see, but I was excited.
Shortly, someone beckoned to me -- I was supposed to be conducting the orchestra and they were waiting for me to begin! I descended the stairs into the pit, chanting to myself, "You can do this. It's a surprise, but you can do this."
I boldly stood on the conductor's stand, raised the baton and tapped the music stand....made the motion for 3/4 time and the orchestra began playing -- the overture to.....wait for it.....The Music Man! I thought to myself -- "This shouldn't be too hard....I've seen it 10 times in the past 3 days...piece of cake!" I was feeling pretty confident of making it through the entire production.....
....When, the music stand began to wobble, fell over with a terrific bang, and the notebook holding the music, hit the floor, burst open and music went flying, all jumbled and out of order. I scrambled down off the stand, still frantically waving my arm, while kneeling and trying to put the music back in order.....
That's when I woke up -- in the dark, with a parched mouth, breathing heavily, and feeling frantic. Perhaps it's just the rantings of an extrememly tired sub-conscious and the memory of seeing the Music Man so many times in such a short period of time. I don't know -- but I woke with it distinct and in "living color" in my mind....so was it a dream or a nightmare? I can't know, but it definitely left an impression, and in the light of day -- it's kind of funny....so I thought I'd share!
Hope none of your dreams turn to nightmares, and that you can laugh at them in the light of day!
How To Harvest Squash Blossoms
2 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment