A philosophical question for those of you out there -- is swearing a given? There are so many ugly words in the world, and so many were creeping into my home as the older boys moved into and thru High school....I hated so many of the words they used, the phrases, etc., that I said, "There are only three swear words that can be said in my home.....they are: damn, shit, and hell."
Now for those of you with self-control, and the ability to control those around you and their language, -- for those of you who HAVE self-control, and have taught your children that language is important, and that they can also have and assert their self-control -- I applaud you! I have not been above using the three above-mentioned words on occasion. In fact, for those who know me well (for those who don't know me very well and may be shocked at this revealing post), one of those words was my very favorite .....
Anyway, the boys and Jon comply pretty well to my mandate and only use the "approved" words --
Why am I even telling this? Well today, Kyle and I were dropping off our friend, Laura, and Kyle was moving from the back seat of the van to the front seat, he accidentally kicked his fry bag on to the ground, and very clearly said, "Oh SHIT!" Laura looked at me, shock written on her face. She asked, "Did you hear him? That was plain as day!" and it was....I said something stupid...."What am I supposed to do? How do I stop him? He hears it and now he says it." Laura and I giggled a little...but it was quite a shock to hear that out of my sweet-suddenly-a-teenager-and-showing-it boy!





No comments:
Post a Comment