In June, Jon went to England to work for a week. I had planned, while he was gone, to paint Kyle's bedroom. The paint on the walls was old -- and flat paint -- impossible to clean.
So, I bought paint on Friday, and planned to move everything out of Kyle's room, the moment Jon walked out the door, and have the room painted before Jon got home. I figured, if he didn't know I was doing it, and if it was done when he got home -- what could he do? Friday night, I got so sick with a stomach flu. I was sick for 8 days -- the entire time Jon was gone. But with much help from Scott and Sunny, we painted Kyle's room and the other room too! They were awesome. I didn't think about taking pictures of the before, during and after.....so photo's are sparse...but I do have a few....
Scott painted this on the wall and texted it to Jon.
Jon texted back asking what he was doing, and Scott replied, "Helping a friend paint."
Kyle's room finished.....took down the rotting curtains and replaced them with wood blinds that match the door and closet doors. Loved this tan and it's a warm cream color on the other walls.
This is the "blue" room. I did two walls blue and the other two white -- the first coat of white, had a purple tone, so I went the next day and bought new paint for the second coat. I like the way it turned out. I replaced the curtains in this room with blinds too. The pictures on the walls are some we took when we were camping out on the Washington coast....I had them enlarged at Costco and bought cheap frames.
The black quilt on the bed will be replaced with a one in blues that I need to have quilted....the top is done, but I need to get it finished. I am almost finished with Kyle's "cowboy" quilt for his room....and it will fit the bed better than the one he has now.
I bought two little nightstands at Fred Meyer -- they were on sale. I was feeling pretty good, putting it together -- the first time, I had the sides upside down, had to hurry and pull it apart and re-glue.....when I went to put the drawers in, I had the sides backwards.....so then I called Brad! He and Laura came over, he pulled it apart, put it together and put the second one together in less time than it took for me to read the instructions! Thanks BRAD!
When Jon got home, we didn't say anything to him, he went upstairs and saw the blue thru the open door and said, "What the hell?" He likes both rooms....
I told him, "You shouldn't be surprised. I learned from the best....."
When my Dad would go out of town, my Mom would grab Jon and they'd go shopping -- new computer, new couch, new TV -- any number of new things found their way home when those two went shopping and Dad was out of town. Dad didn't care either.....but I'm thinking it's a noble tradition.....can't wait for Jon to go out of town again....planning on painting our room.....





No comments:
Post a Comment