Thursday, September 12, 2013

High School Graduation

The day after Kyle's Birthday was High School Graduation
 
Kyle walked with his class!
We had to have a few decorations!


Kyle -- at home....he was not very happy to put on his new suit.
I didn't properly prepare him.  I know better.  If we talk through things for a couple of days in advance, then when the event comes, he's less nervous and better able to cope.
I didn't do that.....as a result, we don't have any family photo's and not very many with people at graduation, who wanted a picture with him.

A half-smile with Scott

Graduation was so late that we went to dinner before the ceremony....we knew that "The Rock" pizza was close, so we went there with Brad, Laura and Amanda Price, Ray and Susan Skinner and Scott and Sunny.  He didn't want to smile here either.

Awww -- but for Sunny -- a smile!

Kyle and Amanda

Brad and Kyle

Susan, Laura and Me
Where would I be without them? 

 
 
At Key Arena
"Why yes Mom -- I love being here...it's so exciting."
NOT!

This nice kid -- was so excited to have a photo with Kyle and Kyle wouldn't look up or smile or even say "Hi".  I think the poor kid was offended.

Trey, Trevor and Kyle
...all are in the transition program together....
....altogether there were eleven from the transition program that walked with their class.

Mayaka and Kyle
I didn't recognize her -- she looks so different with her hair down.
 
Kyle was so nervous and upset that a nice man from Key Arena took us into the building and down the elevator to make it easier for Kyle.  That was so nice.
Scott and I were looking for the place that Kyle was to meet the aides from his classroom.
 
We finally found the spot and the aide, said, "Okay Kyle, now Mom and brother are going to go find there seat, and you stay here with me and hold my hand."
Kyle didn't let go of my hand.
Through gritted teeth, and prying my hand a way, in a very stern voice she said, "GOODBYE Mom!  Go find your seat."
 
So with Scott tugging on my arm ~ we left and found our most excellent seats. 
It so happened that we were near the row where Kyle was seated.  It was great!
 
Class of 2013

 
The Processional
 

Doesn't he look great?

Okay -- the photo is blurry -- but this is when he saw us....

Pulling faces during the boring parts.

The tassel was bothering him -- he kept trying to push it clear to the back of his head, and in the process turned his cap side-ways and his sash was nearly falling off....

I LOVE it -- it's just Kyle!

I got Miss Pam's (Drake) attention and she went and fixed it before he went up for his diploma.

All better....

.....waiting....

Kyle's turn

.....coming back to his seat.....
 
Sorry for all the blurry photo's -- but to zoom in more closely things got blurry.

YAY!

With Miss Colleen (Peterson) and Miss Shelley (Zimmerman)
both teachers in the transition program
Ahh -- letting mom have a kiss....

Space Needle as we were leaving

He is so proud!

He carries this in his backpack or displays it on his nightstand!
 
That said ~ while Kyle walked with his class, he has not, as yet, accepted a diploma.  This allows him to continue attending school until he is 21 years-old.  He will back at Redmond High School next year....along with Jordan and some of his other friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment