Construction
Day One
This morning -- bright and early --
6:00 a.m.
to be exact,
the work crew arrived to start construction.
Goodbye Bougainvillea
The man in the white shirt was very nice.
His name is Gringoberto.
I had him repeat it, because I couldn't
believe anyone would actually name their child "Gringo".
The remnants of the bougainvillea.
The River
Mapping it out....
Excavating....
....moving the rocks.
How the river looks from the porch....
....notice, also, the dust on the front porch.
The finished river with the plants set in place.
More of the river.
The wind was blowing, quite a bit and the dust was amazing!
Left: The dust on the porch....just blowing and sifting.
Right: Footprints every time you walk in the door.
I didn't even bother to mop it up today....although it's making me crazy...but really, what's the point when it will happen all over again tomorrow?
Above and Below:
Cutting out the dead grass.
This is about the time when I paused to be thankful that I wasn't a Pioneer, because I was very happy that I was sitting inside and watching them do the hard, hard work....of which I will reap the benefit.
I thought about the pioneers crossing the plains as they made their way West. How could they stand, day after day, to walk in the wind and the dust, cook over a fire, sleep outside and get up and do it all over the next day, with limited access to water?
I guess they did it because they didn't have a choice.
I'm thankful that I have running water, air-conditioning and a myriad of other luxuries that they did not have access to.
All the sod is cut. I guess it's not sod, seeing as it's dead.
They then rolled it up, scooped it up and shuffled it in wheelbarrows to a dumpster in the front yard.
The backyard ready for new watering system and new
configuration.
New Plants
This is the new bottle-brush.
We bought this shortly after we moved in, thinking it was a bottle-brush, but it is really a twisted myrtle. They moved it a bit, since it was overwhelming and lonely where it was.
I didn't take a picture of the new tree.....and the boulders aren't set in place yet.
Waiting for Day Two
This is how the yard looks tonight -- waiting for them to finish.
The trenches for the water have been dug, but the pipes need to be placed.
The border for the patch of lawn has been drawn and they will frame it with concrete and I think they will cap it with pavers.
The citrus trees are sitting in place waiting to be planted.
This is the mud-puddle that started out as the clean swimming pool.
Needless to say -- Kyle did not swim today.
This is the tool they used to loosen the dirt so they can more easily dig the trenches and plant the trees.....it's ready to be used tomorrow.
All in all, it was a good and interesting day.





No comments:
Post a Comment