Construction
Day Two
This was yesterday....
...but I didn't get to posting....
So here is yesterday.
Planting the citrus trees and setting up the watering system for the grass.
Putting in the border for the grass.
This has been dubbed,
"The pathway to nowhere".
We used the flagstones that were already in the yard to put a walkway along the back of the house....alas, there were only enough to go across the back of the house...not down the side yard.
Jon and Fernando contemplating how it looks like it goes somewhere, since they curved the path.
Trees are in....and so is the border for the lawn.
And the lemon tree is NOT square with the corner....This is how it looks from the kitchen. I decided that I'd live with it, but it was really bugging me.
Starting to spread the rocks...
More dust....poor guys standing there holding the wheelbarrows.
At least they had the bobcat to bring it from the street into the back yard and they didn't have to do it all by hand.
Gringoberto delivering a full load to Juan.
This is my rock....
Did I say that I hated the rocks they brought....not to mention that the biggest one broke when he came off the truck. So, Lance, the supervisor, got me a rock like the one I envisioned.
Jon says I pitched a fit -- which I didn't do -- I just explained that the rocks that came weren't what I envisioned. So Lance fixed it for me.
Besides -- never underestimate the power of pitching a fit!
Loook -- they fixed my lemon tree....squared it up for me.
I feel better now.
No fits were pitched.
I said, "I'll just live with it."
And then it was fixed.
I don't think that's a bad thing.
I was nice...
Supervising and getting it right is tough work!
No -- actually he hadn't had more than 3 hours of sleep in two days -- and this was all I could talk him into....having a little time to doze in his chair.
I thought the rock was UGLY and DRAB
and then Juan sprayed the dust off....and it's beautiful!
Laying the sod.
Sprinklers work.
This is the trash pad -- which isn't the size we wanted, but maybe when we do phase two, we can correct that.
I LOVE these pavers.....I wasn't sure I would, but they really compliment the house and they have some "pop" and pizazz....and look great with the rock.
This is the walkway from the trash pad to the driveway.
The walkway has a nice little flair where it meets the driveway.
I Love it!
This is the little border with the neighbors.
The crew of guys worked so hard and did such a fantastic job!
They even cleaned the dust and grime off the street and out of the gutter....they left everything clean and beautiful!
I love the changes....and Jon was like a kid at Christmas.
So happy with how it turned out!





No comments:
Post a Comment