Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Pathology Report

Today we got the pathology report from Dad's surgery a week ago.
The report was supposed to take 2 days....
We are grateful they were thorough and careful in examining the specimens.
 
Toe:  there were melanoma cells spreading throughout the toe, but the margins were clear.
So taking the toe off, stopped the spread of the cancer cells.
 
Lymph nodes:  Of the four lymph nodes removed for biopsy,
all were clear of melanoma cells.
One node had some abnormal cell growth, but it wasn't melanoma.  We will learn more about what that means or what it is, when we see the doctor on Thursday.
 
So very thankful that the cancer had not spread beyond the toe.
 
While we wait for the follow-up appointment, we have been so graciously hosted by Barry and Lynn and their family.  They have put up with me invading the kitchen, snooping in the cupboards, and forcing them to eat what I fixed.  That little bit has helped me feel like I was contributing, and I hope it helped lift a burden for them as they work and keep their family moving along.
 
It has been fun to be with Derek and have some good laughs, serious talks and just being together. 
He has also survived taking me to the store -- twice! 
It is not his favorite thing -- but he has endured and conquered and I have appreciated his sacrifice for me.
 
We have seen Mitch a couple of times.
I have enjoyed getting to know Kaylee -- who is living with Barry and Lynn as she awaits her mission call -- which, she learned today -- should be issued this week. 
I am so excited for her! 
 
I am so grateful that I have been able to be here.
 
Family is everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment