Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Nother Mother

In my life,
I have been blessed with many good women, who are,
My 'Nother Mother's.
Marge Peterson
Jane Messerly
Carolee Hardman
and
Arva Jordan.
 
Arva lived next door all the while I was growing up.
She and my Mom would sit on the fence
and talk for hours,
solving the world's problems,
and their own.
Now, having my own friends, like Arva, I understand that it was the BEST kind of therapy.
Arva moved 11 years ago.
She didn't move far.
But it still makes me sad that the constancy of her presence is not there.
 
Kurt and I went to see her last night.
 
Kurt knocked on the door,
it opened a little,
and Julie, her daughter and my good friend,
peeked out.
She opened the door wider and I was engulfed in an amazing bear hug.
It's been years since I've seen Julie, but we had a great visit with both her and Arva.

Me, Arva and Kurt

Me, Arva and Julie
 
Family.
Doesn't have to be related by blood.
Family.
Is what we go through together,
loving each other all the way!
 
I am so blessed with incredible
FAMILY!

No comments:

Post a Comment