Monday, March 31, 2014

Follow-up # 3 & Family

Friday, 14 March 2014
Dad had a third follow-up visit with the Doctor.
He graduated to a smaller dressing....and Jon, Kyle and I packed up our things and headed down the road.
 
It was hard to leave,
but I think that Dad was ready for his own routine and space.
I am so thankful that I could be there for as long as I was.
Thankful Jon and Kyle took the week to come and be there too.
 
We made several stops along the way.
The first was at the cemetery.
It doesn't change.
She's still gone....but there is comfort and peace to be found in a visit,
even if it's just a short one.
 
Hard to believe that we are coming up on thirteen years, that Mom has been gone.
I still miss her every day.
 
The area around the cemetery has changed a lot...but the view of the mountains, is still beautiful.

Looking SouthWest....
...on the right, you can see the edge of the Kennecott open-pit mine.
 
After our short stop here,
we headed down the road and stopped to see Mom Saunders.
She is moving out of her apartment and in to the apartment at Don and Tami's house.
We got to see both places and had a good visit.
I don't know why -- but I didn't get any photo's of either apartment....
But....Kyle danced with Tami.

We got to see Joyce, who we haven't see in many years -- and we met her sweet little Ashley.
Don took a break to visit with us too.

Kyle, Cory, Tami and Ashley
Kyle loves his cousins....and had a blast wrestling and playing with Cory.
 
 
We didn't stay too long....we needed to head down the road to Gunnison.
Where we were going to pick up Drew and bring him home with us.
We drove up Spanish Fork Canyon and cut down through Ephraim and Manti.

Manti Temple

So beautiful on the hill.
 
We spent the night at Mark and Jodi's.
Kyle and all the boys -- and I mean all the boys --
--Derek, Mitch and Tanner had been on a cruise for spring break and they stopped on their way home and we got to hear about their good time, but that's another post....
 
So Kyle, Drew, Carson, Derek, Mitch and Tanner (Mitch's room mate) stayed at Jake and Ashlyn's house.  We visited over there, and watched Drew and Kyle play basketball with Owen's baby toys.

Kyle and Mark

Mark, Jon and Jodi -- mugging for the camera

Kyle and Mark

Jake and Ashlyn watching Kyle shoot hoops

Kyle and Drew.
 
It was so much fun to be together and we are so excited that Drew is coming home with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment