We started our trip early in the morning and drove from Kirkland, WA to Logan, Utah in about 13 hours. Kyle was soooo happy to see Derek. We spent the first night and the next day mooching food from the Crossroads Cafe, and the generosity of Barry and Lynn!
.JPG)
Barry

YES! I did jump on the trampoline -- I had three "bum" wars -- skunked Austin and Brennan, and then Sunny beat me -- after that I couldn't breathe and almost needed oxygen. Fat-middle-aged women should either exercise more -- or not jump on the trampoline.

Kyle and Austin

Me and Kyle

Barry at the restaurant

Derek -- serving "customers".....

Mick's revenge -- you gotta try this burger and the fries were so delicious that Kyle ate them for 2 days!
Magna Museum.JPG)
Kyle and Papa outside the museum. Dad has worked many long and hard hours to get the museum started and there is some seriously cool stuff inside -- but since I already have so many photo's on these two posts -- I didn't post any of the things that will grace the museum.

What's left of the "Gem" theatre -- this was where we saw movies when I was a kid and I am still traumatized by sitting alone, a little girl, watching Vincent Price during the Saturday Matinee! It closed shortly after my ninth grade year.

The Magna Museum building

No matter where I go -- this mountain means home....The "C" on the mountain is for Cyprus High School. Go PIRATES!
University of Utah

This is the North Medical Tower on the University of Utah campus -- where we lived, on the sixth floor, Northwest corner, for 3 years while Jon went to school.

Herriman Cemetary

We always make a trip out to the Herriman Cemetary. I always take pictures -- not that anything really changes, but it makes me feel good.

Oquirrh Mountain Temple
.JPG)
Since we were so far South we swung by the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.....sorry Jennie that we didn't stop.....then we headed up to the
Bingham Canyon Copper Mine.
.JPG)
Scott and Sunny in front of the big tire....

Jon, Kyle, Me, Dad

Kyle loves Papa's swing!
The Wedding Dinner
.JPG)
Salt Lake Temple
Drew, Kyle and Scott.
The Wedding dinner was held at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building
This was a great and fun night. Drew waited all night for his dessert and when the waiter gave him cheesecake, he looked at us and said, "I hate cheesecake." So Jon asked and the waiter kindly brought a dish of vanilla ice cream instead. Otherwise, Kyle and Drew each had a cup of applesauce.
.JPG)
Jodi and Mark
.JPG)
Jon and me
.JPG)
.JPG)
Lynn and Barry
.JPG)
Papa -- Mick Henline

Kurt "The Dork" Henline
.JPG)
Jon Saunders, Barry Henline, Drew Henline, Mark Henline, Kurt Henline
.JPG)
Scott, Connor, Derek
.JPG)
Drew Henline
We had a great fun night and delicious food! Drew gave a beautiful tribute to Ashlyn and Jake and the rest of us enjoyed spending time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment