Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tootsie and Ralph visit

One Friday night, a week or so ago, I got a phone call that went something like this....
"Hello?" I answered.
"Hello, is your mom there?" asked the caller.
"Who are you looking for?" I asked.
"Ronna" was the reply.
"This is Ronna. Who is this?"
"This is Sharon."
"Sharon? Sharon who?" I asked.
"Sharon Hardman!" -- I'm thinking, "Sharon Hardman, Sharon Hardman...? Oh! Aunt Sharon!"
So we got the information about where they were staying and went over to their hotel to visit. When Sharon opened the door, I said, "Now if you'd've said, 'This is Tootsie', I'd've known exactly who you were!" Isn't that the great and scary thing about nicknames?
They stayed over night and spent an entire day with us! We didn't get to see everything we wanted to at least drive past in downtown Seattle because, unbeknownst to us, it was Hemp Fest in Seattle and the streets were a mess! But we did get a few places -- had a few very delightful meals -- for which Jon and Ralph fought over the privilege to pay -- and Ralph won -- both times, much to Jon's chagrin. We had so much fun!

Tootsie (Sharon) and Ralph at the Chittendon Locks



Ralph, Jon and Tootsie -- watch a bunch of boats exiting the big lock....

The Seattle Temple was closed for cleaning and some re-modeling, but we still were able to go on the grounds and snap a few photo's.

Tootsie

Ralph

What a great time we had and I feel so honored and loved that they would make time to stop and visit on their wanderings! Love you Most!

No comments:

Post a Comment