Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Roz comes to visit

Sunday, September 15th -- this was an awesome day! Jon and I drove down the the Seattle airport and picked up Roz Welch from her hotel. She was checking out and flying home to Salt Lake, but had a free afternoon....so we sort of scooped her up and took her to downtown Seattle. We wandered through Pike Market, and ate fish at Steamer's on the pier.....It was a hot 95 degrees, and she had been laughing at our "heat advisory" -- until I explained that she'd been in an air-conditioned hotel, and most of the rest of us didn't have air-conditioning in our homes. We had a great afternoon and I feel so honored that she would spend the afternoon with us. I have missed her!

If you're wondering who Roz Welch is -- she and I served on the State Board of the Utah Down Syndrome Foundation together -- along with many others -- and we had some very good times together.

Alas -- I don't have any photo's....but it was a great day! Thanks Roz.

No comments:

Post a Comment