Summer Shenanigans -- Port Angeles Part 1
I know, I know, it seems the only place we ever go to get away is Port Angeles, Washington. But we really love it there, and have a good time. And this time we went with our friends, Miles and Diane Salazar.
Here are a few photos (just a note -- I saved this post for last, even though we went in June -- sooo many photo's, I'll try to control myself!)
Day One
Enjoying the view from the balcony in our hotel room.
Sidewalk art at the park near the hotel
If you look real close...you can see the crab through the water...
Miles and Kyle in front of the mural in the park.
Kyle and Jon, waving to their friends in the mural.
Jon and Kyle
Diane is such a great sport -- she danced with Kyle everytime we walked past the stage in the park....and he wanted to walk past it three or four times a day!
The tower on the end of the pier
We climbed the tower -- this is looking down at Kyle on the pier..he would NOT go up...
Kyle watching us...
The flags -- the U.S. and Canadian flags....and the other flag...we speculated on what it could be. Jon made up a wild story, I said it was a "weather" flag, so the U.S./Canadian ferry would know of a weather warning.
Know what it is....?
The flag of the Black Ball Ferry Line...
Geese, swimming in a line.
At Rialto Beach -- yes it was raining.
See how happy Kyle was....?
Miles, Diane and Jon
Me, Kyle, Jon
You can NOT go to the beach and not throw a log in the water....Jon choosing his...
It was a gorgeous day! Especially after the rain stopped.
Miles and Diane
Someone's rock shrine
Yes, I did coax a smile from Kyle....
Miles, Diane and Jon walked down the beach to see if they could walk over to the island.
Yes, you can....but they had to walk over some slippery driftwood, rocks and other dangers.
While walking on the driftwood, Jon slipped and fell into a three foot hole. He wasn't hurt....didn't have the air knocked out of him, didn't twist an ankle, just stood up. As he looked around him, all of the other holes were filled with driftwood roots, and branches poking up. If he had fallen into one of those he'd have needed immediate medical care. He had a small bruise on his arm....that's all. YES! We know miracles happen. And it was miracle he wasn't seriously injured.
Crossing some driftwood.
I love watching the waves!





No comments:
Post a Comment