Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

We had a great Christmas!

Christmas Eve day JOn and Scott both had to work, but both were home by 4 p.m. which was really nice. We always have our big Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve, and this year we had roast-beast (prime rib), salad, baked potatoes, rolls and red velvet cake. We had all of our family here along with Sunny, Elder Allen and Elder Mitchell. After dinner we read the Christmas story, and opened pajamas plus one other gift.

Christmas morning I woke everyone up at 6 a.m. -- YES, I WOKE them up....I've always woken them up, I can't take the stress of waiting! Sunny spent the night so we got to have her with us to open presents and then we had breakfast and took Scott to work. The theater was crazy all day he said.....who goes to the movie on Christmas -- I love staying home and just being together. I took a nap and Kyle was happily occupied (while fighting off his brothers) playing the new x-box (our other one died). We watched movies, ate food ALL day long, crawled out of our jammies in time to pick Scott up from work at 5 p.m. and then the boys played Monopoly City with JOn. Sunny came back that night and I don't know how late they all stayed up!

It was a wonderful celebration of the birth of our Savior. Alas, me, the over-picture taker -- took no pictures. So, just a brief synopsis of our day -- and much hope that you had a wonderful and happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment