Friday, December 18, 2009

Baking Day

Every Christmas we bake and take plates of goodies to our friends and neighbors, as a holiday greeting. This year I only did 4 kinds of cookies and rice krispie treats. What I loved about the day was that I was alone for most of it -- had my Christmas music playing and just doing what I do on baking day. In the early afternoon I set plates out on the table and was going to start filling them. All the boys were home and around by then, Derek and Scott started frosting and putting together the homemade-oreos (which if you haven't tried, you really should) and while I was making rice krispie treats they filled all the plates (wish i had taken pictures -- but didn't want to change the moment). That was the BEST part of the day! I listened to them laughing and joking and stealing cookies -- just like when they were little. There were no complaints, no worries, no fighting -- just doing what we do every year! It just made my little heart smile, and made me sigh and be grateful for the awesome boys I have.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment