Hey Kids --
it's been an amazingly long time since I have updated this blog!
We have been busy and enjoying life in Arizona.
I will update, but will try to do so in large chunks...so as not to impose upon your
in-box OR your time overly much!
Summer 2014
Kyle's Birthday
We celebrated by going to Red Robin.
Kyle loved it!
Added bonus -- Cousin Carson came for a visit and helped us celebrate!
20 years old!
He loves a birthday cake.
Carson's Visit
It was the beginning of the heat of summer and poor Carson didn't have much of a visit. He was such a good sport! He watched video's and played games with Kyle.
He cooked his own dinner...
...and mowed the lawn -- but I didn't get a photo of that.
We went to McDonalds...
Don't they look happy? At least we were in where it was cool.
We went to see our the car collection of our friend, David Harman.
David loves the old classics...
his wife, Gail, loves the new versions of those classics.
There were more cars...but I just posted this one pic...if you want to see the rest, ask Carson, we printed them for him.
Or better yet, come visit and we will see if David is around and will show off his showroom.
Swimming was a must! At least once a day!
Singing on the rock was a good pastime too.
Carson tried out for American Idol last year and made it through many auditions to audition for the celebrity judges. He loves to sing -- and he's good at it!
Yes! We went to the Ghost Town. It's our go-to place for visitors. It's fun, touristy (a tourist trap, and I love it) and close. Bonus -- when it's hot in the summer, there aren't too many people there!
Carson found a moustache! Looks good on him.
We rode the train.
Kyle has a routine when we go to the Ghost Town.
1. Ride the train.
2. Eat French fries
3. Visit the hat store and have a wanted poster made.
4. Shoot at the laser shooting gallery.
5. Visit the gift shop for a t-shirt.
Carson was a great sport -- sharing his vacation when Brent and Lar
stopped in for a surprise visit.
Brent and Carson rode the Zipline
YeeHaw!
Lar and Brent
San Tan Flat
We went to dinner at San Tan Flat...we ate outside and listened to the live band.
Kyle danced....by himself!
We had a great visit and were glad that Carson came to visit!
Fourth of July
Fireworks -- in the back.
Jon lit them in the fire pit -- which was pretty ingenious! They could stay there and cool down and clean up was easy!
Framed Art.
This was painted by Jon's mom.
We've had it for years....I found it in a box. I don't know where I got the box...but I had it. We finally got it framed and hung it up.
LOVE it!
I smile every time I see it!
These next two are prints of paintings by Shane Lamb.
They are of the Grover farm with Pioneer Peak in the background.
Jon grew up and went to school with Shane.
Switzerland
In August Jon finished his contract with Archroma by going to Basel, Switzerland.
Because of mix-up in scheduling. Jon had an extra day in Switzerland.
So he hopped on a train and went to Lucerne.
He took a lake cruise.
This is one of the boats giving the cruises.
He brought home a Cuckoo Clock for my birthday!
He hand carried the large box through two train stations and three airports.
While he was gone, Kyle and I spoke in Church. It's the first time Kyle has been asked to speak in Church. It was short and sweet. Maybe 15 seconds. After he finished, he waved to Sunny and Scott who came to hear him speak.
There were many smiles in Church that day.
Probably much Thanks-giving for a short talk too!
August
My cousin, Kelly Hunsaker, passed away. We drove to Gunnison for the funeral.
Kyle and Papa
Jon and me...
...we went out for Mexican food (after the funeral) with Papa, Mark & Jodi and Drew,
Ashlyn & Owen and Derek.
Tyson Provstgaard (32), Kyle (20) and Drew (26)
at the funeral.
How are family got blessed with three such amazing men, we don't know, but we wouldn't trade them!
Derek and Owen
Kyle eating pizza and Drew refusing to eat pizza.
Watching the Utah State Aggies game!
Owen eating dessert.
We don't like saying goodbye!
Kyle and Drew.
Grand Canyon
On our way home, Kyle, Jon and I stopped at the Grand Canyon.
Eating dinner in Kanab
We stayed at Jacob Lake for the night.
Kyle liked the swings.
At the Grand Canyon, Kyle saw a tour bus and the driver invited him sit in the driver's seat.
Jon walked down to the over-look.
Kyle was NOT leaving the safety of the lodge.
It was just too big and overwhelming!
Beautiful!
Kyle sitting in the lodge and refusing to budge.
He did smile when he posed with this donkey statue.
We dragged him out onto the patio for a picture.
See how thrilled he is...then he went back inside and didn't come back outside.
We saw deer...
...and bison.
Gorgeous scenery on the way home.
The river as it exits Lake Powell.
Chelsea, Tami and Mom Visit
No matter where we were, Kyle and Chelsea had fun!
Tami, Chelsea, Kyle, Me
Gilbert, Arizona Temple
Tami and Mom by the Saguaro cactus at the Ghost Town
Waiting for the train.
It was sooooo hot!
On the train. We were the only ones on the train.
Tami
Just a quick little story.
We have been on this train ride, countless times.
The engineer deviated from the usual script talking about Nava Jo.
Right about that time, a middle-aged Native American man, with flowing hair (to the middle of his back) came rushing at the train, brandishing a tomahawk, and screaming like, well, like an Indian.
Tami hadn't seen him coming and she screamed and almost fell off the train.
We all had a great laugh....and I think the engineer and his Native American friend are still laughing about it!
Oh, but we had fun!~
I have some great photo's of a couple of Haboobs (dust storms) that blew through this summer, but I can't find where I stored them - lucky you huh?
Also, I forgot to post pics of my Cuckoo clock....
It's gorgeous and even better in person.
I just smile every time I hear that cuckoo!













No comments:
Post a Comment