Thursday, January 22, 2015

More Stuff

More Stuff and Fluff
 
 
I found one ~ a picture from Sunny's birthday!
I really, really don't know what I did with the rest of them....
but here is one I found.
Riding the Carousel!
I had the cutest picture of Sunny riding the bunny
which was so cute because her family calls her,
Sunny Bunny!
 
Some day I will find those pics!
 
 
Friends
 
My friend, Abbie, moved to Arizona a few years ago.  I knew that she lived in Gilbert but had not looked her up.  One day, Jon, Scott, Sunny and I went to breakfast and we ran in to Abbie!
It was so amazing and fun to see her.  I love this lady and she has taught me much about overcoming adversity and making positive changes, even when it's hard!

 
 
 
A River
 
We had a river!  NOT in our dry river.....but bubbling up from the corner of the driveway.  It must have been running for most of the night, because it was a steady stream and the water had run down the street and into the cul-de-sac.
 
Jon called the landscapers, and they came out and were very apologetic!  The pipe that they installed last spring, had become disconnected and the water just bubbled up....like a spring!
The bad pipe was replaced with a larger size pipe and they reconnected the system.
I'm glad it wasn't worse, and I'm thankful it was fairly easily resolved!

 
 
 
Solar
 
We went solar!
We had panels put on the roof (can't find those pics either) and after about six months of waiting, installations...fixes to make the installations up to code and to match the plans, we have finally been admitted onto the power grid with our solar. 
If I can't find Jon, I go outside and he's looking at the power gauges and watching the power of the sun be fed back into the power grid and lowering our bill! 
I will let you know how much it improves our power bill.
 
 
 
 
Finding a Doctor
 
Finding a doctor when you move is so difficult and finding someone for each of us and someone who could relate to Kyle.
 
I was directed to a doctor in an unusual way.
I was sitting in Church.
A lady I didn't know, leaned over and pointed to the man who was speaking. 
She said, "That's my doctor.  My husband says I just like him because he looks like Glenn Beck."
She told me he was a family doctor and that he was very nice.
Jon needed to have some medications renewed and Kyle needed some as well.
I made an appointment for them with Dr. Smith.
No lie ~ His name is Dr. Smith.
When we got there, we were shown into the examination room.
This is what we saw...
Every wall adorned with firefighter paraphernalia!
Jon and I looked at each other and said, "It's a sign."
 
We had a good visit with Dr. Smith, who told us that he had been a firefighter for seven years before he went to medical school.  He also told us that he has an eighteen-year-old nephew with Down syndrome.  He was quite comfortable with Kyle and it was a good visit.
 
I was so happy to find a doctor that Kyle liked AND Jon liked.

Hahaha~~ firefighter gear!
 
 
 
Misc. AWESOME photo's of Kyle.
 
Just cause I love him so much...
....and he makes me smile....
and he warms my heart....
....here are some of the funny pictures of Kyle from this fall....

BATMAN
Look at that six-pack abs!
Yes ~ he went to school just like this.

Fun at Target with Dad!
I can't take these two anywhere!

The Lone Ranger
Yes ~ he wore this to school too.
However the hat he is wearing ~ I got it at the Halloween store for $4 and it wasn't good enough to be the Lone Ranger's hat.
Soooo...he talked his Dad into going to the Western store,
where they found ONE white hat!
It was on sale, and it fit him.
Of course, it needed a cool hatband....so they got one of those too.
The Lone Ranger now has a respectable and acceptable hat!
Alas ~ I didn't get a photo of him in the hat and mask.
 
And when Halloween came around...
he wouldn't wear ANY of his costumes!
Not Captain America.
Not Batman.
Not The Lone Ranger.
He would not dress up.
Go figure.

This is a happy boy riding the horse at speech therapy.
I love it when he smiles!


No comments:

Post a Comment