Monday, April 7, 2014

Sunday

Sunday, Drew wanted to go to Church.
We forgot his church clothes, so he found some in Kyle's closet.
Kyle's suit is too short in the arms and legs, and
too big in the waist.  But Drew could not be dissuaded from wearing it to church.

Our handsome men heading to church.
 
After Church -- I took Kyle for fries -- sometimes bribery is all I have...
Drew admonished Kyle all the way to McDonalds, about not keeping the Sabbath Day Holy.
We shouldn't shop....I know this...and continue to repent....
When I turned into the parking lot at McDonalds,
Drew said, "Oh goodie!  I'll have a hot fudge sundae."
 
They both got a treat and then we went home,
picked up Jon and went to see the Temples.
 
Gilbert Temple
 The Temple faces East.
This is the front of the Temple and the beautiful drive leading to the doors.
I am facing West while taking this picture.

This is the South-side of the Temple.
The water fountains are beautiful.

This is the West side of the Temple -- taken from the sidewalk near the street.
Since it was Sunday, the gates were locked so, we couldn't go inside the grounds.

The North-side of the Temple.

Drew in front of the gates.

Kyle wanted to get in.

My favorite picture of the day.
 
 
Mesa Temple

Looking at the front of the Temple from the NorthWest corner

Kyle and Drew...

Drew on the steps at the Temple.
I don't have a picture of Kyle on the steps, because he was trying to get in the revolving door and we had to run away from the Security guard.
 
Okay -- we didn't run away from him -- but he followed us for awhile....

The front of the Mesa Temple.

Drew on the South side of the Temple.

Kyle enjoying the bench on the East side of the Temple.

The gardens are beautiful -- at both Temples.

The Mesa Temple has a Visitor's Center,
and a replica of the Christus statue.

More beautiful gardens.
 
We had a great afternoon visiting the Temples.



No comments:

Post a Comment