All good things must come to an end.
However, the end of Drew's visit brought his
Dad and Mom to visit...so that was good too.
When they got here, Drew was upstairs. I called him down and he got a huge smile on his face and said, "Mom!" and gave Jodi the biggest hug.
Then he hugged his Dad....he's a Papa Bear too.
We had a few days together,
and we did some fun things,
but the best part was just being together.
In Kirkland, whenever we had visitors we always
went to Pike Place Market,
rode the ferry, explored and shopped on the pier.
I believe that here, we will visit the Ghost Town.
It's fun, it's close and we like it.
Here are a few of our favorite moments....
Ghost Town
Mark
Gilbert Temple
Mark has always loved Yahtzee too.
When we were teenagers, he played the game incessantly.
I hated it! So I started stealing his dice.
Mean, I know.
I repented and a couple of years ago, for his birthday,
I gave him a Yahtzee game....only I filled the box
with dice. There had to be at least 200 dice in that box....just so
he'd never run out.
Here are a few of our favorite moments....
Ghost Town
Mark, Drew, Jon and Kyle
Drew, Me, Jodi, Jon
Drew and Jodi in the bird cage
Shooting Gallery
Drew
Mark
Jon
Kyle
This was the first time we'd been to the shooting gallery -- it was a highlight.
Hot Sauce
Mark and Drew
Jon, Me and Kyle
Now I'd like you to notice that I don't look as fat in this photo as I do in the photos when Jodi and I are on the zipline!
See -- positively Roly Poly!
Let me say this about Jodi. She joined our family thirty years ago....and since then she has been a strength and sounding board and, well....a Sister. I'm so grateful for her!
As you can see by the following photos...
...she also gives me courage.
You all know that I am a chicken at heart....so this is way out of my comfort zone...but we did it!
And lived to tell the tale....
At the top.
For me -- the worst part was going up the zipline.
Wheeeeeee
Still roly-poly but having a BLAST!
It was so much fun!
Mark, Jodi and Drew
Mesa Temple
Me and Jodi
Drew, Jodi and Mark
Gilbert Temple
Drew, Mark and Jodi
By the fountain on the South side of the Temple
Mark, Jodi and Drew
Cookout!
Mark and Jon fixing dinner.
We went out a couple of times and we took them to our most favorite restaurant so far.
The Daily Bread Bistro
It's out in the middle of nowhere!
But we have not had one thing that wasn't good.
Special
The people more than the food.
Love these guys!
Yahtzee
These two should get medals - they played
game after game of Yahtzee with Kyle!
He loves Yahtzee
Mark has always loved Yahtzee too.
When we were teenagers, he played the game incessantly.
I hated it! So I started stealing his dice.
Mean, I know.
I repented and a couple of years ago, for his birthday,
I gave him a Yahtzee game....only I filled the box
with dice. There had to be at least 200 dice in that box....just so
he'd never run out.
Swimming
Jodi and Me
Mark did a cannonball!
Really -- that's the only way to get in.
It's still cold....like Bear Lake
or Lake Washington in summer.
Nice once you get in -- but the getting in is
not always pleasant!
Mark and Jodi
Under the Waterfall
Jon and me
Mark and Jon
the "boys" were going down the slide...we have plenty photos of them.
The night before they left....we had an awesome dinner.
Garlic cheese biscuits
Steak
Prawns
and Crab Legs
It was yummy!
A good time was had by all....
Ya'll come over and spend some time.













No comments:
Post a Comment