Anna and Markus
Kyle and Markus
Climbing the slide was not easy, he is unsteady on solid ground, add a big blow up slide, other kids, jumping, and a steep climb, and it was work to get him to participate. He really wanted to slide, but it was so hard for him to climb. He did great for two steps. I was following behind him, he would slowly place his foot above the next rung, pull with his arms, and push with his legs, while I pushed on his butt to help propel him up each step. When we got to the top, he didn't want to slide down.....he watched the other kids, scamper up, jump and slide. I could see the longing in his eyes -- to be able to move like they did, but he didn't complain. My heart hurt, just a little bit for the things he just couldn't physically do by himself, and it rejoiced that he could move and play at all! I am coming to appreciate the word -- BITTERSWEET! I must say that I was getting a bit motion sick....put 8 -10, two to eight year-olds all jostling to climb, jumping to slide, and that slide was "rockin'". Kyle did finally slide down, and we made the trek to the top, and the slide down a total of 3 time together.....and then, he wanted me to go up and slide down so he could film it.....I did a nice scream for effect.....he laughed.
Kyle didn't eat anything -- but he loved the noise maker.....gotta love noise makers! And he's still showing off the stamp on his hand. Fun, fun, fun!
Happy Birthday Anna and Markus and thanks for inviting us for the fun!










No comments:
Post a Comment