Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's True

Yes kids, it's true -- it's time to start planning your Kentucky Derby Day Bash!  The Derby is on May 7th....for a list of the horses running this year, you can visit Kentuckyderby.com -- myself....my choice is "Pants on Fire" -- how can you miss with a name like that? 

We will be having hats this year -- and some variation of the following menu:
Shrimp, brown sugar cream cheese, cocktail franks, fruit salad, sweet potato cassrole, ribs, and cheesecake! 

Just cannot wait for Derby Day!  Make your plans now, choose your horse and enjoy the fastest 2 minutes in sports!  The Run for the Roses!

I'll post pictures for you....the year I actually go to the derby!  It's on my bucket list....

1 comment:

  1. So, I actually think that Dialed In or Uncle Mo are going to win, however I have taken more interest in Midnight Interlude. If we could exclusively base the winnings on names alone, I'm right there with you with Pans on Fire!!

    What a fun idea! Jealous I haven't thought of this before. You must post pictures of the hats!

    ReplyDelete