While we were in Logan, we had a family outing to go shooting. We drove out into the hills, north and west of Logan, to shoot the guns.
Derek has a bunch of guns....shotguns, and pistols. Barry has a bunch of guns and a throw machine so you can shoot trap.
Here are a few photos...Okay, you know when I say, "a few" -- it's a relative term right?
If you'll bear with me, there are a few good stories among all the photos. They will be clearly delineated....
Lynn, Barry and Austin
Serious business!
Drew checking out Derek's rifle case.
Random shots of the scenery will be interspersed because I thought it was so beautiful there.
I miss the "ever-present-in-your-face" mountains!
Getting ready....
Kyle -- dubious -- "can't make me shoot a gun..."
Carson and Austin
Drew -- maybe I should learn how to focus the camera!
Barry helping Drew
Carson
Derek
Lynn
Yep -- that's me with one of Derek's guns....I think it's his .22
Kyle -- "okay, I'll try..." and he liked it!
Jon
Barry
Derek and Kyle
Here is one of the more interesting stories....
The JUDGE
Is this a happy man or what?
His favorite gun -- of the moment -- is called, "The Judge"
it shoots regular shells (I forget which caliber) as well as shot gun shells.
Kyle is going to shoot the judge. Derek is helping him get ready....but he didn't straighten his arms and when Kyle shot the gun.....
....it kicked and he hit himself in the head!
I couldn't help it....I LAUGHED!
Because we all laughed, Kyle didn't cry....just frowned a bit....
"Owwieeeee"
And then Drew came and put his arms around Kyle, and then Kyle cried....he had a sympathetic audience....
"How could you laugh at my misery?"
Then Kyle and Drew got in the car and didn't come back out to shoot.
Story #2
Tim and Nicole
This is Tim. He heard them shooting "the judge" and wondered if he could shoot it too. He was talking to Jon, and Jon said, "You must be from Seattle." He confirmed that they are from Allen, WA, but are living in Logan right now. The dead give away was that they were both wearing Mariner's jackets. And the only people who know the Mariners are people from Seattle.
I guess unless you're from New York, and then you think the Marnier's are your farm team....
Tim shooting trap with "the judge"
Tim & Nicole
Pistols
Jon -- I think that's one of Derek's, but since there were so many guns there...I've lost track who's is who's....
Lynn
Shooting Trap
Barry pulling the lever, Carson and Austin shooting
Jon and Austin
Derek and Lynn
Kyle and Drew -- hamming it up in the car!
How'd we ever get so lucky as to have these two men?
Jodi taking her turn...
It's kinda hard to live in a family of boys and not enjoy going shooting.
Barry....
Gorgeous!
We had so much fun, that Jon came home and got himself a Sig 9 mm for his birthday, and since it was his birthday, I got a Smith and Wesson .38 special.....
Boy we've arrived now!
Thanks Barry and Lynn, Derek, Mark and Jodi (and assorted boys) for such a great time together!





No comments:
Post a Comment