Tuesday, June 30, 2009

15 Years -- How can it be?

June 16th, 2009 -- Kyle has been with us for 15 years. Sometimes I wonder how that can possibly true. Where did 15 years vanish, seemingly, in the blink of an eye? What a joy he has been -- what a joy he is -- and how incredibly blessed I am to still have him here with us!
So here is the chronicle of the 15th anniversary of his birth.....did I post cute pictures for comparison? No -- I wasn't that on top of things....this is just the events of the day.
Kyle loves balloons. Mostly he loves to release them. I was looking for a baseball theme for the day. The party store didn't have any balloons left that were printed as just a baseball -- so we went with Mariner's colors and balloons.
Sunny came over during the day....Kyle got to show off his new Mariner's jersey and shorts....which he picked out himself.Sunny gave Kyle a super-soaker water gun. Scott got him a nerf bow and "arrow" gun."No more pictures please....Not really."DerekKyle took this photo of Scott and Sunny. Okay, mostly of Sunny....

We got Kyle this bike, which is made by Razor -- the scooter people -- it's very cool, you peddle fast and then turn the handle-bars and the back end swings 360 degrees....so you set off spinning.
It looked really fun, was rated up to 160 lbs. and we thought he'd really enjoy it. Alas.....he wasn't sure about it and when he did get on....his knees hit the handle-bars and the seat was not adjustable. So we took it back and signed him up for a season of softball instead.....I think he'll enjoy softball more in the long run.Finding the "treasure"
--- Testing it out --


Kyle enjoyed opening his cards and gifts. He opened his family gifts as soon as Jon got home from work -- and then when everyone came over for cake and ice cream...he got to open more. Hooray --

X-box games

Pinnochio....
Showing off new clothes....Sunday clothes and casual clothes.
Staying with the baseball theme, I made his cake....I thought about going to Costco and purchasing a cake....but then, we'd have tons left over and who would eat it? NOT KYLE! So I made one instead.
Jon, finishing up a little work before everyone came to celebrate
Birthday cake with lit candles -- and in the background, Allen, Meghan, Marjorie and Scott Buchanan.Blowing out the candles....
Danielle, Brad and Laura Price
Allen, Marjorie, Scott Buchanan, Ray Skinner, Derek
Susan Skinner
T-Ball....thanks Skinner's
6 ft inflatable basketball standard and ball.....Thanks Price's
Day out at the park and trip to McDonalds.....Thanks Buchanan's
Danielle and Brad set up the basketball standard....

Laura and Danielle Price
Playing ball...

What a great day and a fun celebration. What a blessing -- each life that touches ours, that enriches and builds us. Kyle is all of that and more.

Before he was born, I found a poem that seemed to describe the feelings I had about Kyle --

Coins

Little one, remember when I took the five brown pennies from your hand, and in their place I put a gleaming silver dime? To my surprise, you cried with rage -- replacing five with one could not be fair!

I smiled, then, at childish reckoning....until I thought how often that our Father takes away the copper blessings from my hand and in their place He puts more precious ones. Yet, angrily, I count myself defrauded by the gift.

I have not understood Eternal reckoning.

--By Jean Chapin Seifert

and it is more true today, than it was then. This young man -- is a gleaming silver dime....so much more than I could ever comprehend, so much a part of us all....he has taught me more than I will ever teach him, he has shown me, in incredible and incomprehensible ways the love of our Father. He has taught me to be a better person. 15 years -- HOW CAN IT BE?

Happy Birthday -- I Love You Kyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment