Friday, March 27, 2009

Seattle Temple Trip



Seattle Temple

Our ward had a youth temple assignment to baptisms on March 26th. This was Kyle's second trip to do baptisms -- he missed last years trip because he was still in the halo -- but he was really excited to go.

Ray Skinner came and helped him and watched over him. The first time Kyle did baptisms, the water was up to his chin and the temple workers offered him a stool to stand on, but he didn't use it. This year, he's grown enough that the water was just to his shoulders. I felt very blessed to have been there and to watch while he performed this ordinance in behalf of others. Each individual was baptized for 10 names.

After he was finished and we were waiting for the rest of our group to finish, he was whispering to me -- a mile a minute -- I just wish I could have understood what he was saying. Some day -- maybe I'll get to know. He enjoyed the experience and so did I.

Devan Freebairn and Kyle.



Kyle -- always near the girls -- he knows where to be. He's pictured here with Alli Talby, Becca Loveless, and Devan Freebairn
After we were finished at the Temple, we went down the hill to the Dairy Queen.

Each person was given $4 to purchase a treat. Kyle had French fries (who's surprised by that?) and a Root beer.















No comments:

Post a Comment