Aren't milestones great? They come at all different stages of our lives and at all different levels. They can be small and insignificant or they can be monumental and noteworthy. I suppose that the significance is measured by the individual -- for what to me is monumental, may to you, seem small and insignificant.
Today, Wednesday, March 25th, was a milestone day. I had to take something around the corner to a neighbor and ward member, neither Derek nor Scott were here to stay with Kyle. Normally, I would insist that he go with me -- I'm a tad overprotective (or so I'm told) -- but today I asked him if he wanted to go or "stay here". He said, "stay here". So I iterated and reiterated that he needed to stay in the house until I got home. Then, trying not to hyperventilate, I got in the car, drove around the corner and delivered my stuff. I didn't linger and explained that I'd left Kyle alone for the first time. I was instructed to call and let my friend know if he was still here when I got home.
I calmly drove home, parked, held my breath and came in the door, where I was greeted by a huge smile, a hug, and "'Or 'ack".
I'm breathing normally again, danced a little jig and celebrated a major milestone. Okay, I was only gone for 10 minutes, but hey.....BABY STEPS!
So you be the judge.....small and insignificant -- OR -- monumental and noteworthy?
How To Harvest Squash Blossoms
2 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment