The evidence clearly points to the fact that I've lost my mind!
Wednesday's, in our school district, are "early release" days -- schools are let out an hour and half earlier than on any other day. Today, March 18th, because of WASL (Washington Assessment of Student Learning) testing, Seniors and other students who had already passed the math WASL, had a late start -- 10:35 a.m. Since school gets out at 12:30 p.m. I figured it wasn't really worth the time for Scott to go to school today. So I called him out, and he slept in and read a book....just sort of taking it easy.
Jon was on his way to Los Angeles for a conference and so I met him at Costco for a hot dog before he left for the airport. While I was standing in line, noticing all the High school kids, I thought -- "Oh no....I forgot to pick Scott up from school." So I texted him to tell him where I was and to come if he wanted a ride -- (the High school is a block away from Costco -- convenient huh?) When we sat down at our table -- which Jon had to fight for -- I checked my phone and this is the message I received from Scott:
"I'm not at school remember...but if you have cash get me some food."
I couldn't help myself....I burst out laughing and the lady at the next table looked at me like I was CRAZY!
So you see the evidence is clear -- I've lost my mind and don't know where to find it. The memory is going -- is this one of those menopause moments I've been hearing about? Oops -- Derek tells me all the time to "keep your secret female troubles to yourself."
Anyway -- if you see my mind, please let me know so I can chase it down!
How To Harvest Squash Blossoms
2 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment