Friday, February 6, 2009

Computers and Taxes

Computers can create massive trials in our lives -- especially when they are old and everyone is complaining about them! It makes matters worse when they randomly shut down because they can't handle the work load. That's when you get really angry and want to throw the darn thing out the window.

Jon, after enduring many, many, rants, raves, and criticisms about his beloved computer, witnessed first hand the struggle that faced us (those who used it everyday) while using the computer. Granted the beloved machine was 5 years old, still in good shape, but showing it's age.

Imagine my surprise and DISMAY -- when I saw on Jon's e-mail that "his new computer had been shipped." (See above photo for the surprise computer)

"Your WHAT?" I asked, in an extremely calm, if somewhat loud voice. He back-pedaled and tried to make it appear that no purchase was made. He ruined by asking that I be home for sure on Wednesday and Thursday since that was when said, non-purchased computer would be arriving.

It is a very nice machine....fast, and sounding a bit like a lawn mower- - we like lawn mowers, especially when we aren't pushing them. The monitor is an amazing 20 inch flat screen creation that I can actually read....it's a beautiful sight to behold. And yes, Jon has been forgiven for the surprise -- I don't like surprises!




Jon used his new computer (old one in the background of this photo) to complete this year's taxes. See how happy he is to have a new computer? OOOPS --that could be the "I'm doing the taxes -- leave me alone" scowl....one can never be sure!




No comments:

Post a Comment