Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Up-side of moving

The Up-Side of Moving
 
When we started this process I didn't think there would be an upside. 
 
Here's the "ups" that I've found....
 
We downsized!  Yes, we put some things -- mostly books and family history in storage, but we also made six, jam-packed-van trips to the D.I. trailer, along with the two trips to the dump.  That's in addition to the things we sold.
 
I also found, that the more things I packed, the less "our house" became "just a house".  It wasn't "our" house anymore, and it wasn't our home.  It was "just a house."
As we un-packed, it was so awesome to find that "our house" came with us!
Our new place is now our home.
 
Isn't that AWESOME!
 
And one of the best parts --
 
The day we moved, Kyle came home from school, and was so excited!
He wanted all of his boxes to be opened, and he put things away where he wanted them to be, and he settled in to his new room. 
That night, at about 9 p.m., he came out, kissed Jon on the cheek and said, "Goodnight".
He went in his room, shut the door and went to bed.
That was a first!  He hasn't slept in his own room for nearly 5 years.
He got up to go to the bathroom, got a little lost, so I showed him the bathroom, then directed him back to his room, where he promptly shut the door in my face, and slept until morning.
He LOVES having his own space.
Who KNEW? 
 
 
Moving was not all bad!  We've settled in, and we really are enjoying our new space.
Enjoying not having to do the yard work and worry about the moss taking over. 
We have a great location....we couldn't be more blessed with an awesome
New Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment