Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Beginning and the Process...

The night that we found the apartment, I started packing. 
 
I just took a cup and saucer off a shelf, and I started crying.  Jon tried to console me by saying, "You knew we were going to have to move...."  This did not help!  I wanted to wallow in my self-pity! 
 
I called and cried all over a couple of my friends, and after they bolstered my spirits...
I got mad! 
 
Then there was no stopping the packing!
 
We packed in two "bunches"
the living room bunch would be going to storage...
the family room bunch would come with us....
 
Jon couldn't do too much, but he sat on a barstool and packed everything I handed him from the kitchen cupboards.  We packed everything we would be storing.  We went room to room packed that way.  We decided what we would sell....
 
The desk went....

The fridge went...

...and let me assure you, it has not been this clean since it was brand new!

The living room furniture was sold....
 
....along with a queen size bed, a leather chair and ottoman, and Jon's leather recliner, and my treadmill....
 
We also gave away our living room shelves, and a few other things. 
 
Through it all we had great support from our Washington family!  Brad brought us a small fridge from work -- but he took the beer out before he dropped it off -- that was so we'd have a fridge for the week after we sold ours. 
 
We are incredibly blessed with the people in our lives! 
 
Two trips to the dump.....
 

I can't tell you how I dreaded even looking at the garage, let alone packing it up......Jon came out and sat and we sorted things together -- and then we loaded the van to the gills, and took it to the dump.
Brad brought his truck and took the 2nd load to a job site to get rid of the wood.
 
 
Brad had a couple of guys from work, Jose and Josue, come and move all the things to storage.  It took a few hours.....but they were quick and efficient.


Heading to storage -- I refused to sell my washer and dryer!

Our yard Gnome -- we brought him with us....
....Scott likes to turn him toward the road so he's "mooning" everyone.
 
 
 
 
Our Ward tried so hard to find ways to help. I finally told the Bishop that Jon might allow the ward to help clean up the last bit of leaves in the back yard because he just couldn't do it. They were thrilled....and Kyle's quorum showed up to do the clean-up.

Cameron helping Kyle pick up some leaves.


Mitchell, Jonah and the Bishop cleaning up the other corner of the yard.


They filled the yard waste bin and 5 bags in thirty minutes....and that job was finished!
 
We also had people provide meals and treats....
 
The furniture we sold paid for the movers we hired, since Jon couldn't do any lifting and was just beginning to put weight on his ankle.
 
Things are moving right along....
 


No comments:

Post a Comment