I was told that mushrooms grow in healthy soil.
I find that interesting, because mostly we have lots of moss in our lawn, and a little bit of grass. At this time of year, it's brown and dry and waiting for rain.
It seems like the water turned off on August 1st, and we've not had more than .03 of measurable rain since then. It's safe to say that I would be okay if it rained and watered the lawn!
Anyway, I digress....
I'm guessing I have healthy soil...because these are growing in the lawn....
This is a big -- disgusting looking mushroom
And these are his friends....
As you can see the grass is not nearly as green as it looks in the first photo.
Somebody kicked one, and it sort of shriveled up and died, it's a big black wad of yuck....looks like Dexter visited and left a deposit...but he didn't, it's a gross mushroom.
Anyway -- they are huge and kind of cool looking if you just study them as a shape. But still pretty yucky....





No comments:
Post a Comment