Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Venue and a DATE

We are having a wedding!  YAY!
 
Venue Booked and Date confirmed -- May 16th, 2013
 
It's going to be fun -- but I've never thought about all that goes into a wedding, because when we got married, we were married and sealed in the Salt Lake Temple, and had our reception at the church -- in the gym -- oh, wait, it's called the Cultural Hall.....
 
Anyway, I don't remember too much about the reception, and it was just fine.....I didn't even think about going anywhere else....so we've considered and looked at the following places as "venues" for the wedding and reception.
 
 
The Golf Club at Newcastle -- breathtaking views, gorgeous patio, and SPENDY!  SPENDY!  SPENDY!
 
Woodland Park Zoo -- Different, lots of options, but none for very many people -- and it was never my favorite....it's the zoo....Spendy....
 
Marriott Hotel, Redmond, WA -- Nice ballroom, could accomodate very nicely everything we wanted/needed. -- BIG drawback, the carpet was funky, and the color of the Denver Broncos uniforms -- that was a major drawback for Sunny (the Denver Broncos colors)....it too was pretty Spendy!
 
Salish Lodge -- Gorgeous -- overlooking Snoqualmie Falls.  Smaller.....and not exactly what she wanted.
 
Courtyard Hall at Country Village -- Nice, fewer restrictions, plenty of space, very reasonably priced....but not Sunny's favorite....tooo "quaint". 
 
The Church -- Cultural Hall -- FREE, FREE, FREE -- rejected outright.....go figure.
 
So......the winner?
 
Robinswood House, in Bellevue, WA.  It perfectly fits Sunny, and you should have seen her eyes shining as we looked through the grounds, and amenities.  Very reasonably priced....and we BOOKED it!  Now the rest of the planning begins.
 
To take a peek, please visit....
 
 
 
Now we are looking for a caterer -- we have to use one of the approved caterers of the venue....we've chosen one, and Sunny e-mailed them, they called back and left her a message, the consultant's name?  Donna Henline.....seriously.
Is that a sign or what?  Maybe a discount:?
I must find out who her people are -- it's the "Mom" (my Mom) in me....
 
We are going for a tasting on Monday....
 
Things are moving right along -- soon I will post some engagement photos....

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh!!! How exciting!!!! I'm thinking I should be at this wedding!! If Kevin and Christy are going to be there, I totally wanna drive with them!! :) (If they drive, that is!)

    ReplyDelete