Monday, March 19, 2012

Lincoln

Saturday, 10 March, 2012

Our friends, Shane and Joie Hartley, lost their, almost 2 year-old, Lincoln.  He went down for a nap and did not wake up!  We are heart-broken with them.

Lincoln was a ray of sunshine, in a sometimes dark and dim world.  He had the most beautiful smile.  Lincoln had awesome strawberry-blond hair.  He also, by the genetics of conception, had a chromsomal abnormality -- but that did not contribute to his loss. 

The funeral services were held on Saturday, 17 March.  It was a good service and memorial for the all-too-brief life of Lincoln. 

Joie and some friends made pinwheels -- Lincoln had learned how to spin things....and he loved to spin everything that would spin.  Everyone at the service went home with a homemade pinwheel.  The above photo is what the pinwheels looked like.


The Sunday before he passed, I was walking down the hall at church, and Shane was holding Lincoln in his arms....I paused and jiggled Lincoln's toe and said, "How you doing Lincoln?  You look so handsome."  He gave me an ear to ear smile that brightened my day -- this will always be a cherished memory for me. 

Lincoln's joyous spirit lives on, and we will see him again one day. So grateful for the knowledge I have of the Father's plan of happiness.  I'm so grateful for families and the sealing power on the earth that allows families to be sealed together forever.  I am grateful to know Lincoln, his parents, Shane and Joie, and his big sister, Jezelle.  Today, March 19th, is Lincoln's second birthday.


Lincoln -- I will never look at a pinwheel, that I don't stop and think of you, and the wonder of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment