Friday, September 9, 2011

First Day of 11th Grade

07 September 2011 -- First day of Eleventh Grade!

Kyle was so mad at me, he wouldn't look at the camera for a picture....

Why was he mad at me you ask?  Just take a gander at the next picture......

......he wanted to take all of this with him to school! 

You see, he and I are going to go on a little visit to see Derek and Papa -- but the trip isn't until next week -- Kyle has been packed for a month!  He drags his suitcase around with him, and just this week added his pillow and sleeping bag. 

I told him that we weren't going on the airplane to see Derek -- he was going on the bus to school!  He didn't care -- he wanted to take everything with him and show everyone.  I managed to get him out the door to wait for the bus....but he wasn't speaking to me!

Kyle and Miss Jeannie -- she's been our bus driver before and we adore her! 
She got Kyle to turn around for a picture....he has turned into such a teenager.

And off he went.....please don't think ill of me when I tell you that I did the happy dance all the way into the house!  And then, I did something completely decadent.  I went to the grocery store ALL BY MYSELF!  It was wonderful!

While waiting for the bus in the mornings, Kyle loves to watch his iPhone/Pod (technically, it's a phone, but it's not hooked up to service, so it's more just the iPod -- which by the way, Scott told me that I had an "old-school" iPod, it's only 2 years old, okay, maybe 3.) and then he takes it with him for the bus ride.

I hear so many who are always a bit sad on the first day of school -- not me!  Kyle loves school, he's happy to be there, he's learning and growing, and inter-acting with other people, instead of only having his mom to hang out with -- why would I be sad?  I love to have him with me, but I love to see his happy face when he gets home from school.  I love to see the progress and it's a needed break for him and a touch of respite for me.  What's not to love about him going to school?  I feel so blessed that there is a program for him, a great place for him to be, and grow.

So, you keep your tears......I'll keep dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment