Rialto Beach -- Friday morning (August 28th) -- Kyle was having fun throwing rocks and then playing with the waves. Walking ever closer and then running away. He would laugh in pure enjoyment as he ran.
Friday afternoon -- Jon, Derek, Kyle and I were back at the beach. It was raining, and I was happily perched on a driftwood log. Derek had been exploring among the driftwood and had "drifted" my way and sat down. We watched Jon and Kyle flirting with the waves. Getting closer and running away. The happy smiles and big laughs were proof that they were having a good time. I had zoomed in to see if I could capture the expressions on their faces. I could see a large, late breaking wave -- so I started filming. And then....... KYLE GOT CAUGHT! He "screamed like girl" as the wave drenched the back of his legs up past his knees and soaked his ONE pair of shoes. The kind and loving family he has -- laughed! We all lauged! Kyle was okay -- when we got to the van we took his wet pants, socks and shoes off and wrapped him in blanket til we got back to camp and he could change. He now LOVES watching the video.....over and over.
Saturday morning (August 29th) we were back at the beach -- in the rain. I wanted to film the waves.....The swells were so big and the sound so impressive as the broke. It so happened that Kyle wandered into the frame and chanced the waves again......briefly, then he walked away.
We had a great time at Rialto beach!





No comments:
Post a Comment