All year at school, Kyle's teachers and the aides in the classroom, have been working very hard to try and expand his limited diet of, bread, toast, chips, applesauce and French fries. Each week they have a cooking class, Kyle loves to go to the grocery store to shop for what they will make the next day. He will now help with cooking class but will rarely try anything they make.
Every day we get a report on Kyle's day, before Spring break they coaxed him into trying a nibble of a cheese cracker, a small bite of banana (not sure how that went -- I'm not big on bananas -- it's sensory issue for me, so I'm not sure what he thought), and a bite of a cookie, which took 1/2 an hour of coaxing, bribing and peer pressure to get him to try.
Today -- Wednesday, 08 April 2009, the report reads -- "SNACK -- Ate 1/2 a sugar donut! :) with Mr. V, Ms. D & Mr. R" -- Ms. D is Kyle's teacher and she's been so fantastic working with him and getting him out of comfort zones and ruts so that he'll try new things.
So, is this a breakthrough or a fluke -- I don't know and won't begin to guess -- however, today we were driving by McDonalds and I asked if Kyle wanted fries, he said, "No. No 'ries."
Now that is a FLUKE!!!
How To Harvest Squash Blossoms
2 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment