Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Misc. Kyle News

Bits and Pieces
 of Kyle's comings and goings.
Last week he graduated from his big clunky boot to
this much more streamlined brace for his foot.
It is healing...but very slowly.
Maybe because he would never keep the boot on?
This new brace is much harder -- he can't get it off by himself! 
He is glad to have the smaller brace and be able to wear his shoe.

Kyle loves Charlie too.
Charlie loves to wake Kyle up.

The farm is a wonderous place!

Last week, after Jon was in Chicago,
I went looking for Kyle. 
I found him meticulously folding clothes (on the ironing board ~ just like Jon) for a trip.
We aren't scheduled to take a trip!
We will likely go to Utah for Connor's wedding, but that's in June.
Kyle had packed and/or laid out....
14 pair of underwear.  20 pair of socks (he has a thing for socks).
6 shirts, 2 pairs of shorts, a swimsuit, and his church clothes.
Then he set his suitcase and travel back pack in the bedroom waiting to go.
~Do you think that 3 nametags on his bag are enough?~
 
The bag has since migrated to the living room....where I just leave it.
It makes him happy.
Preparation is key!
 
Yesterday, I found Kyle, who had taken Charlie for a walk, at the park.
He went on the swings and slide....

He found a soccer ball and played for a few minutes and then he walked Charlie home.
I turned around and Charlie was running down the sidewalk toward the house, dragging Kyle along.  Kyle was running, holding the leash with one hand, and holding up his pants with the other.
It was so funny.  I wish I'd had time to take a little video.
Both of them had ear to ear grins.

At the farm again.  This little truck is a utility truck, that is used to haul hay and feed, and anything else that's needed on the farm.  It only fits one person.  Kyle wanted a ride, but settled for a picture sitting in the truck.  Nathan, his respite worker, texted me this. 
Love it!
 
This boy is busy.  And doing very well.
We are hoping that his foot will have healed enough that he can play basketball with the Special Olympics at the High school.  We will know tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment