Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Chicago

~ Chicago ~
My kind of town...
 
Jon has a new contract! 
 
Woo Hoo!!  I am breathing again.
This contract requires that he travel to Chicago each week.
He leaves on Monday morning and comes home on Thursday evening.  It makes for some interesting weeks. 
 
For instance, the first week, he called home on FaceTime and Kyle loved it!
The dog ~ licked the phone trying to get to his face.
 
I swear to you -- he's going to make a bi-polar puppy.  The dang thing whines and cries all day on Monday and goes manic on Thursday evening!  I am a poor substitute for
his "man" ~ I refuse to call Jon his "daddy".  Oh brother.
Anyway, I digress....
 
Jon LOVES Chicago.
Chicago had him falling in love with big cities.
He has been back since his mission for a convention, but not to work, so this is a new adventure. 
He flies in and takes the "El" train to the city and walks to his office or hotel and then takes the "El" back to the airport.  He walks around in the freezing cold and loves every minute.
He said, "Maybe you and Kyle could come with me one week."
I replied, "Are you crazy????  I've been to Chicago in the winter and I'm not excited to go back for the winter!!  Talk to me again in the spring."
 
Here are some photo's.
YES!!  He took some photo's!!
Good job, babe!

I don't have captions for all of these photo's,
so you will just have to enjoy viewing the city
through the lens of Jon's camera.

Dearborn Ave from the hotel ~ first week there.


Sculpture downtown.

2nd view ~ yes it's red.

Oops ~ out of order ~
this was flying in...the week after the
6th worst winter storm in recorded history, when the
city got 18 inches of snow.

Train station

Riding the "El"

He took this one for Sunny!

Sears Tower
~at least it was the Sears Tower 30 years ago~
can't remember what it is now....

The river....hoping Jon will be in the city for St. Patrick's Day
when they turn the river green.

Same picture twice....
 
The next few pictures were taken from the window of
Jon's 19th floor office.

The river...




This is a panoramic view from the 19th floor window.
Kind of cool!

He was missing our 80 degree weather last week.

This is week 2 of this tree.
He will be taking a pic of this tree each week to see the changes over the next few weeks.
 
Home Again ~ Always so nice!

These two are kinda crazy about each other.
Best thing we ever did was get him this dog!

Kyle likes him (the dog) too.
Kyle got a new Chicago Fire department shirt....from Chicago.
He was so excited!

Love this boy!
 
So thankful to have work again and thankful for the sacrifices that Jon makes to provide for us!
We are blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment