Kyle's Birthday
Part 1
13 June 2012
We wanted to do something really fun for Kyle's 18th Birthday.
Something he would remember and really enjoy! Something he hadn't done before, but that we thought he would love to do.
After many discussions, and ideas, we decided that we would go ride the go-karts. We bought a 3 race package, that included a t-shirt for the birthday boy, and trophies....
It was lots of fun, because Scott and Sunny were off work, and Daniel Aguirre (our 'nother son) is home on leave from the Marines...we missed Derek, and wish he could've been here too, but it was still a fun time.
We wanted to do something really fun for Kyle's 18th Birthday.
Something he would remember and really enjoy! Something he hadn't done before, but that we thought he would love to do.
After many discussions, and ideas, we decided that we would go ride the go-karts. We bought a 3 race package, that included a t-shirt for the birthday boy, and trophies....
It was lots of fun, because Scott and Sunny were off work, and Daniel Aguirre (our 'nother son) is home on leave from the Marines...we missed Derek, and wish he could've been here too, but it was still a fun time.
Putting on our "head socks" -- who knew there were such things?
Kyle was NOT impressed with the head-sock or the helmet!!!
He protested rather loudly, but Jon just strapped the helmet on him and let him squawk. See how his visor is all fogged?
Sunny
Daniel
Jon and his "angry" eyes.....
Scott
Kyle -- and then it was time to go race! Yes, I raced too.
Most of the Karts had a top speed set at 45 mph.
We had them set Kyle's top speed at 20 mph
He "putted" around the track and ran into the wall -- and then he was a little bit scared. But I think he made 2 laps in the first race. We'd all slow down, and talk to him, tell him to press the "go" pedal, and he'd wave us around him.
After the first race, we went out into the common area, while another group had a race. Took off the helmets, and had a few photo's in the "head-socks"....
NINJA Jon....
Jon, Daniel, Scott and Kyle (who didn't want to look at the camera -- he wanted to race again, although, race is a loose term for him...)
Kyle -- RACE # 2 -- he made 3 laps during this race....
Scott and Sunny
Getting ready to leave the pit....
Lined up for the second race --
Daniel, Jon, Kyle, Scott and you can just see Sunny's yellow helmet
Leaving the pit.....RACE # 2
I love this picture!
Scott -- Race #2
Sunny -- Race #2
I sat out on Race #2 so that I could take photo's....I wanted to rent the helmet cam and get some photo's that way.....but Scott said, "No." and Jon backed him up, so I didn't get to do that -- but I'm glad I got some photo's.
Kyle and Sunny after the championship race....
It was decided (and not by me) that regardless of who won the championship race, Kyle would get the first place trophy.
Thanks Scott and Dan and Jon (who didn't get his trophy cause he got bumped)
I know it was a sacrifice -- but look at that face.....it was worth it!
The Trophy
It turns out -- that we all got a t-shirt with the package, but Kyle got to choose a hat too!
He's wearing his shirt backwards -- because the picture should be on the front of the shirt don't'cha know?
Then we went to Five Guys Burgers and Fries for lunch!
Kyle -- shooting his straw wrapper at Sunny
We had an enormous and delicious mound of french fries! Kyle was in food heaven -- and so were the rest of us!
Scott
Dan
After we got home -- Kyle opened his gift from Scott and Sunny, since Scott will be at work on Saturday we have another celebration....
Pool toys, a kite, a shirt and a cool card -- so generous!
And then....
Just because we wanted to -- we went to the movie -- and yes Dan, Scott and Sunny came too. We went to see
Madagascar 3
and it was better than I anticipated. I think it was a fun day, and Kyle had a good time!
Happy Birthday Kyle
You only turn 18 once....
Part 1











No comments:
Post a Comment