Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Strange

Yesterday, 03 May, Jon and I went to lunch at our favorite Chinese buffet.  The building is not much to look at, the decor is older, but the food is good, and they have three, very large, fish tanks.  In two of these tanks, reside many very large, orange/gold, fish.  I'm not sure they are "goldfish" in the traditional sense, because they are so much bigger -- so they probably have a different name, that I just don't know....but that's neither here nor there.....

We sat down, and I said, "Oh no!  Look, they've lost a fish.  He's belly-up."  Jon told our waitress (who knows him by name and exactly what he's going to want to eat) and she said, "He's okay, he just likes to be upside down."  And she was right!  We watched that fish all through lunch, and he'd swim around a bit, but always came back to the same corner, and "rested" upside down.  Strangest fish!

Upside-down -- and ALIVE! 
Don't you love the expression on the face of the other fish?  It's almost like he was posing and smiled real big!

Anyway....lunch was good and the fish entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment