Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The DRAFT ~~

Today was "The Draft" for my Fantasy Football League.  Scott helped me scope out some players and put them on my preferred list.  "The Draft" began promptly at 10:30 a.m. PDT.  I WAS NOT HOME!  How could I forget such a momentous event, that could have lasting repurcussions? 

However, my roster was filled by some random drawness person out there.  I don't even know who the quarterback is -- and upon investigation, he did not clear the concussion test -- so he won't even be playing!  Scott, bless his heart, helped me figure out how to look for "free-agents" -- or at least those not taken in the draft.  There were a few QB's, so there were two available that I knew.  Michael Vick -- who I didn't want, just on prinicple -- and Matt Hasselbeck, so I chose Matt -- he had good points, and I'll know on Friday if I was able to "pick-him-up" -- for my team....

Got some good players at wide receiver -- and tight end -- I know this because, I recognized their names, and Scott said the kickers were good. 

Did you know that you just get assigned an entire defense?  So, my defense's are Pittsburgh and Indianapolis.....they were both ranked with pretty good points....so I was pretty pleased.

As far as I can glean, this is a game based on a point system.  Each player is ranked points by how they play in their game for the week.  The accumulated scores from your players, determines your team score....and then you are ranked in your league by your accumulated team scores.  It is unclear to me, at this point, what you get for being the winning team in your league -- probably nothing but bragging rights.......I can't know, but it's an adventure.

So put your hands together for "Mamas Boys" -- GO TEAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment