Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Traditions

I Love Easter -- the renewal of Spring, the hope that comes to us through the atonement of Jesus Christ, the promise of new life, the soft, warm air, and the blossoms on trees. All give me such a needed lift to my spirits and help me focus on the things that are important. So I found a nice flower arrangement for the table through Easter week. I love the colors and the beauty -- they won't last, but I won't feel as bad as if these flowers were ones I could plant and then prolong the agony of their death -- I don't have a green thumb.....regardless of how hard I try!
To us, traditions are important -- and so, to that end, we colored Easter eggs.
Sunny and Jon were the primary egg-color-ers.

Kyle was dubious! But eventually joined in and colored one egg.
Jon attempted "tye-dyeing" an egg (we didn't have a tye-dye kit) -- he did a pretty good job.
The finished masterpieces! Made a fun afternoon and then we enjoyed the deviled eggs with our Easter feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment