Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Surprises

Surprises -- for the most part, I am not a fan. I read the end of books because if it doesn't end well, then what's the point of reading it? Many times while I'm reading I skip forward and read a bit, because I just can't stand the suspense. Movies are hard for me to enjoy, unless I've seen them before -- it's the suspense thing agin.

The other night Derek made me sit down and watch, "Taken". It is a great movie, with a lot of action and SUSPENSE. I did okay though because I made him tell me the basic story before we watched the movie. Pathetic -- I know.

I'm better at keeping surprises and anticipating the reaction of others when the surprise is revealed. I had a blast planning and pulling Jon's surprise 40th birthday party together and he was totally surprised. That was fun.

Does this post have a point? Not really, except that when I picked Scott up from school today (because it was raining -- you didn't see that one coming did you) he was talking on his phone. I was "surprised" and said, "Wow, you do talk on that thing. I thought you only used it to text." When I asked him who he was talking to, he said, "No one." When I pressed him, he said, "You'll find out in a couple of days. It's a surprise. Not a big deal." No amount of hounding, cajoling, threatening (I threatened to make him get out of the car), pleading, begging or crying would make the little toad crack!

So.......now, I go crazy until whatever "it" is, becomes public knowledge.

I love you too Scott!

I hope you all enjoy any and all surprises that come your way.

Love You Most!

No comments:

Post a Comment