Mother's Day -- usually NOT my favorite day of the year! I hate leaving Church feeling worse about myself after hearing all about the "ideal" mom -- that I can never be.....this year though, not one talk about Mother's -- all the speakers spoke about the strength of women, our intrinsic worth, and it was very uplifting! We didn't even sing "Love At Home"! I guess that making a stink in Ward Council can be beneficial!
Alas, no photo's.....not that I necessarily like photo's of myself, but I love photo's of my family and friends and the things we do to celebrate each other.
I was totally pampered and cared for all day. Jon made a great dinner, the boys cleaned up, Scott's girlfriend even brought me flowers.....and I had a new fire-engine red dress that cost less than a blouse! What could be better?
No Mother's Day is complete without being thankful for my own Mother! I miss her every day, her wisdom, her love and even the times when she would tell me the bald truth -- whether I wanted to hear it or not. I'm also very thankful for Jon's Mom and for the things she taught him about making important days special, and for teaching him to be the man he is. I'm thankful for our Father's Plan of Happiness that allows us to be in families.
Here's hoping that all the women in my life know how much I love, appreciate and cherish them. I hope you all had a magnificent day! I don't say it enough.....
Thank You for all you are to me -- I love you!
How To Harvest Squash Blossoms
2 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment