skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Let the news be spread
In the "Wizard of Oz" the Good Witch, Glinda, says, "Let the joyous news be spread, the wicked old witch, at last is dead...." And no, I didn't have to listento the movie to get the quote correct -- we just recently re-hid the movie so that we didn't watch it constantly -- Anyway, the news is. I bought a sewing machine. Is this joyous news? I don't know, but I'll keep you posted. Those of you who know me, KNOW I have no idea how to sew and no inclination to do so. But I bought the machine, a Brother, 35 stitch machine. Do I know how to use it? NO! But I can read instructions, and I can swear when things go wrong. I've discovered that I can do whatever I want -- maybe not well to begin with, but I can do it. So this too will be an adventure upon which I'm embarking. As for the making me catch my breath part -- I almsot hyperventilated when I went into the fabric store (by myself) and asked for 1/2 a yard of fabric to practice on.....so I think this definitely qualifies as an adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment